Two undertrials flee from court
Rourkela: Two undertrial prisoners escaped while handcuffed from the court’s premises after being produced in court in Odisha`s Sundargarh district on Saturday.
The two, Putan Ansari and Sajid Ansari, after being produced in court asked the police constable escorting them to go to the toilet, A Panda, SDPO Bonai said.
They managed to flee with their handcuffs on, Panda said.
The two were arrested recently near Champajharan under Candiposh police station for robbing vehicles at gunpoint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding