Two villagers gunned down in Odisha
Rourkela: Two persons were shot dead by suspected members of the `Pahadi Cheetah` gang in Odisha`s Sundargarh district in the early hours on Saturday.
The two, Patas Dungdung and Raj Kumar Khuntia, were dragged out of their homes at Thetheitangar village under Talsara police station around 1:00 am and shot dead, Sub-Divisional Police Officer, Sundargarh, Suresh Chandra Mishra said.
The gang also exploded a country made bomb before escaping, he said.
Both Dungdung and Khuntia were small time contractors and could have been killed suspecting them to be police informers, Mishra said.
The SDPO said "This is not the handiwork of Maoists as we found neither any poster nor any Maoist literature from the spot. Besides, the killers did not shout slogans as Maoists do."
The incident was reminiscent of the attack by the Pahadi Cheeta gang two of whose members were killed in an encounter with the police yesterday, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical