Two villagers gunned down in Odisha
Rourkela: Two persons were shot dead by suspected members of the `Pahadi Cheetah` gang in Odisha`s Sundargarh district in the early hours on Saturday.
The two, Patas Dungdung and Raj Kumar Khuntia, were dragged out of their homes at Thetheitangar village under Talsara police station around 1:00 am and shot dead, Sub-Divisional Police Officer, Sundargarh, Suresh Chandra Mishra said.
The gang also exploded a country made bomb before escaping, he said.
Both Dungdung and Khuntia were small time contractors and could have been killed suspecting them to be police informers, Mishra said.
The SDPO said "This is not the handiwork of Maoists as we found neither any poster nor any Maoist literature from the spot. Besides, the killers did not shout slogans as Maoists do."
The incident was reminiscent of the attack by the Pahadi Cheeta gang two of whose members were killed in an encounter with the police yesterday, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore