Two wanted Maoists arrested in Orissa
Baripada, Orissa: Two hardcore Maoists, allegedly involved in an attack on JMM leader and former MP Sudama Marandi and killing of three policemen, were arrested
from Orissa`s Mayurbhanj district Wednesday, police said.
The ultras were picked up from Suliapada area adjoining West Bengal, about 40 km from here, following a tip off, Sub-Divisional police officer Sudhakar Jena said.
Maoist literature in Bengali and Oriya were seized from the two, identified as Guruba of Handibhaga village of Mayurbhanj district and Ramdas Murmu of Patharanesa in West
Bengal, he said.
The Maoists were allegedly involved in the attack on Marandi and securitymen accompanying him in Chandua area on October 13 last year, Jena said.
While Marandi had escaped unhurt, two SOG jawans and an assistant inspector of police were killed in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert