Two women Maoists surrender in Odisha`s Malkangiri District
Malkangiri (Odisha): Two women Maoists surrendered before the police in Odisha`s Malkangiri District over the weekend, alleging harassment and torture by their seniors.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Pramod Kumar Das, said the women Maoists surrendered because they could not tolerate the behaviour of their seniors.
"Two women Maoists have surrendered. According to them, they were being tortured by them and were not even given food, so they have surrendered," he said.
The two Maoists were also engaged in various programmes and cultural activities as part of their strategy to woo the youths of the area.
One of the two Maoists, Geeta, said that the seniors were torturing their women cadets.
"We were fed up with their behaviour. The Maoists were misbehaving with our women cadets, and we were being tortured by them so we thought of surrendering," Geeta said.
The two had decided to quit the organisation and return to the social mainstream as they were disillusioned by the torture and harassment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29