Two women sentenced to life imprisonment
Jharsuguda: Two women were sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a Fast Track court in Odisha`s Jharsuguda for burning to death their sister-in-law for dowry in 2010.
Fast Tack court judge S S Mishra awarded life term to Mamata Saha and Srimati Saha of Kiritimal village under Rengali police station for setting afire Sukanti Saha (22), for dowry.
According to prosecution, the two women had tortured Sukanti several times demanding dowry and a share of her father`s land before her death.
Finally, the duo burnt the victim to death after pouring kerosene on her at her house in Kiritimal on August 9, 2010. Sukanti died on way to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok