Two women sentenced to life imprisonment
Jharsuguda: Two women were sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a Fast Track court in Odisha`s Jharsuguda for burning to death their sister-in-law for dowry in 2010.
Fast Tack court judge S S Mishra awarded life term to Mamata Saha and Srimati Saha of Kiritimal village under Rengali police station for setting afire Sukanti Saha (22), for dowry.
According to prosecution, the two women had tortured Sukanti several times demanding dowry and a share of her father`s land before her death.
Finally, the duo burnt the victim to death after pouring kerosene on her at her house in Kiritimal on August 9, 2010. Sukanti died on way to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?