Two women sentenced to life imprisonment
Jharsuguda: Two women were sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a Fast Track court in Odisha`s Jharsuguda for burning to death their sister-in-law for dowry in 2010.
Fast Tack court judge S S Mishra awarded life term to Mamata Saha and Srimati Saha of Kiritimal village under Rengali police station for setting afire Sukanti Saha (22), for dowry.
According to prosecution, the two women had tortured Sukanti several times demanding dowry and a share of her father`s land before her death.
Finally, the duo burnt the victim to death after pouring kerosene on her at her house in Kiritimal on August 9, 2010. Sukanti died on way to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them