Two women sentenced to life imprisonment
Jharsuguda: Two women were sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a Fast Track court in Odisha`s Jharsuguda for burning to death their sister-in-law for dowry in 2010.
Fast Tack court judge S S Mishra awarded life term to Mamata Saha and Srimati Saha of Kiritimal village under Rengali police station for setting afire Sukanti Saha (22), for dowry.
According to prosecution, the two women had tortured Sukanti several times demanding dowry and a share of her father`s land before her death.
Finally, the duo burnt the victim to death after pouring kerosene on her at her house in Kiritimal on August 9, 2010. Sukanti died on way to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!