Two women sentenced to life imprisonment
Jharsuguda: Two women were sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a Fast Track court in Odisha`s Jharsuguda for burning to death their sister-in-law for dowry in 2010.
Fast Tack court judge S S Mishra awarded life term to Mamata Saha and Srimati Saha of Kiritimal village under Rengali police station for setting afire Sukanti Saha (22), for dowry.
According to prosecution, the two women had tortured Sukanti several times demanding dowry and a share of her father`s land before her death.
Finally, the duo burnt the victim to death after pouring kerosene on her at her house in Kiritimal on August 9, 2010. Sukanti died on way to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker