Tytler congratulates Pyarimohan for launching new party
Bhubaneswar: Congress on Tuesday congratulated Rajya Sabha MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra who announced the launching of a new anti-BJD political party Odisha Janmorcha.
"We extend our good wishes to him (Mohapatra) for floating a new political party in the state," said Jagdish Tytler, AICC in charge of Odisha.
Tytler, however, made it clear that Congress was not thinking of forging any alliance with OJM or any other political party in the state.
The Congress leader`s message to Mohapatra is significant as the Rajya Sabha MP immediately after floating OJM had said that leaders of certain national parties were in touch with him to dislodge the BJD government.
Meanwhile, the newly-appointed state president of BJP K V Singhdeo has said that his party would fight elections alone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'