UN Secretary General to Interact with KISS Students
Bhubaneswar: United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon would hold an interaction with tribal students of Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) here through video conferencing.
The Secretary-General would be holding discussion with the students of five schools from different continents on the occasion of International Youth Day tomorrow.
"It is a matter of pride that KISS has been selected to represent Asia", a KISS spokesperson said on Sunday.
One school each from Africa, Europe, Latin America and Arab States would be participating in the conference and the theme of the conversation is `Good Education` with focus on importance of quality education and how to make the youth prioritise concrete action.
Ban Ki-moon would also be interacting on different youth issues including health, education, good governance, youth livelihood, youth employment, science and drug addiction.
The UN had already sent questions for the 15-minute video conference in which 50 students of KISS would participate.
The interaction with KISS students will focus on tribal girl child education in higher secondary level and how KISS has helped the indigenous children in realising their aspirations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?