UN Secretary General to Interact with KISS Students
Bhubaneswar: United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon would hold an interaction with tribal students of Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) here through video conferencing.
The Secretary-General would be holding discussion with the students of five schools from different continents on the occasion of International Youth Day tomorrow.
"It is a matter of pride that KISS has been selected to represent Asia", a KISS spokesperson said on Sunday.
One school each from Africa, Europe, Latin America and Arab States would be participating in the conference and the theme of the conversation is `Good Education` with focus on importance of quality education and how to make the youth prioritise concrete action.
Ban Ki-moon would also be interacting on different youth issues including health, education, good governance, youth livelihood, youth employment, science and drug addiction.
The UN had already sent questions for the 15-minute video conference in which 50 students of KISS would participate.
The interaction with KISS students will focus on tribal girl child education in higher secondary level and how KISS has helped the indigenous children in realising their aspirations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand