Unclaimed baggage detected in Odisha train
Jamshedpur: A compartment of Tata-Badampahar passenger train was detached at Rairangpur in adjoining Mayurbhanj district of Odisha after passengers spotted an unclaimed bag, Railway officials said here.
The train, which left Tatanagar station this morning, left for its onward journey after the coach in which the bag, suspected to contian bombs, was spotted.
The compartment was detached at Rairangpur station under Chakradharpur division of South Eastern Railway, Senior Divisional Commercial Manager of Chakradharpur division of SE Rly, Kashinath Biswas said today.
Biswas said that a bomb squad has rushed to the spot to verify if the bag contained bombs.
As soon as the news spread, Railway officials and police rushed to Rairangpur station and evacuated the passengers and put them in other compartments, railway sources said.
Some passengers travelling in the compartment raised an alarm as the bag was lying unclaimed.
Officials and police swung into action and detached the coach when the train reached Rairangpur station, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui