Unclaimed baggage detected in Odisha train
Jamshedpur: A compartment of Tata-Badampahar passenger train was detached at Rairangpur in adjoining Mayurbhanj district of Odisha after passengers spotted an unclaimed bag, Railway officials said here.
The train, which left Tatanagar station this morning, left for its onward journey after the coach in which the bag, suspected to contian bombs, was spotted.
The compartment was detached at Rairangpur station under Chakradharpur division of South Eastern Railway, Senior Divisional Commercial Manager of Chakradharpur division of SE Rly, Kashinath Biswas said today.
Biswas said that a bomb squad has rushed to the spot to verify if the bag contained bombs.
As soon as the news spread, Railway officials and police rushed to Rairangpur station and evacuated the passengers and put them in other compartments, railway sources said.
Some passengers travelling in the compartment raised an alarm as the bag was lying unclaimed.
Officials and police swung into action and detached the coach when the train reached Rairangpur station, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliament witnessed uproarious scenes AAP leader Bhagwant Mann's video
- VIDEO: Beautiful Voice! WATCH Sunny Leone sing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League
- Rajasthan: Man held for raping 5-year-old girl, torturing 2-yr old sibling
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!