Under trial tries to escape, gets caught in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): An under trial prisoner was arrested after making a vain attempt to escape from police custody by throwing chilli powder at Berhampur in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said on Sunday.
Murder accused Manoj Samantaray alias Kanji of Shastri Nagar area in the town was in the court for trial when he tried to escape from police custody.
Manoj, who has been in the jail for the last two years in a murder case, was trying to run away after throwing chili powder on the police personnel, said Deepak Mishra, inspector-in-charge of Baidya Nathpur police station.
Policemen, however, chased and captured him within minutes, he said. Efforts were on to ascertain as to how the undertrial procured chili powder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan