Under trial tries to escape, gets caught in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): An under trial prisoner was arrested after making a vain attempt to escape from police custody by throwing chilli powder at Berhampur in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said on Sunday.
Murder accused Manoj Samantaray alias Kanji of Shastri Nagar area in the town was in the court for trial when he tried to escape from police custody.
Manoj, who has been in the jail for the last two years in a murder case, was trying to run away after throwing chili powder on the police personnel, said Deepak Mishra, inspector-in-charge of Baidya Nathpur police station.
Policemen, however, chased and captured him within minutes, he said. Efforts were on to ascertain as to how the undertrial procured chili powder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon