Undertrial attempts suicide inside court room in Odisha
Paralakhemundi (Odisha): An undertrial murder accused allegedly attempted suicide inside a court room by trying to slit his throat with a razor in Odisha`s Gajapati district on Wednesday.
B Surya (30) of Palasa area in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh was in the district session court here for hearing when he tried to cut his throat with a blade that he was carrying, police said.
Surya, who had been in jail for the last about 19 months in connection with a murder case, was immediately taken to a local hospital where his condition was stated to be stable, they said.
The reason behind this step was yet to be ascertained and investigation was in progress, police said, adding that two other accused in the case were on bail while Surya had been in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog