Undertrial attempts suicide inside court room in Odisha
Paralakhemundi (Odisha): An undertrial murder accused allegedly attempted suicide inside a court room by trying to slit his throat with a razor in Odisha`s Gajapati district on Wednesday.
B Surya (30) of Palasa area in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh was in the district session court here for hearing when he tried to cut his throat with a blade that he was carrying, police said.
Surya, who had been in jail for the last about 19 months in connection with a murder case, was immediately taken to a local hospital where his condition was stated to be stable, they said.
The reason behind this step was yet to be ascertained and investigation was in progress, police said, adding that two other accused in the case were on bail while Surya had been in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress