Undertrial attempts suicide inside court room in Odisha
Paralakhemundi (Odisha): An undertrial murder accused allegedly attempted suicide inside a court room by trying to slit his throat with a razor in Odisha`s Gajapati district on Wednesday.
B Surya (30) of Palasa area in neighbouring Andhra Pradesh was in the district session court here for hearing when he tried to cut his throat with a blade that he was carrying, police said.
Surya, who had been in jail for the last about 19 months in connection with a murder case, was immediately taken to a local hospital where his condition was stated to be stable, they said.
The reason behind this step was yet to be ascertained and investigation was in progress, police said, adding that two other accused in the case were on bail while Surya had been in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town