Unveil mystery behind Netaji`s death, Rajnath asks Centre
Bhubaneswar: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday asked the Centre to reveal how Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose met his end and under what circumstances.
Seeking an end to the mystery behind the death of the "real hero" of the country, Singh said it was the responsibility of the Union government to let people know the truth.
"The entire country is impatient to know as to how Netaji died and under what circumstances," the BJP president said while releasing a book on the great leader here on the eve of Netaji`s birth anniversary here.
Rajnath also said that he would visit Netaji`s birth place at Odia Bazaar in Cuttack and garland his statue before leaving the state tomorrow.
Former Odisha Assembly deputy speaker Rama Chandra Panda has written the book titled: "Subashbad, Antarang Adhayan" on the life and politics of Netaji.
Noting that Netaji`s dream of making India the "Jagat Guru" (world teacher) was not fulfilled, Singh said that he wanted `Bharat` to emerge as the economic superpower besides being a world teacher in spiritualism.
"Netaji`s ideological politics and his life would be remembered by generations," the BJP president said, adding that January 23 was a historic day for the state of Odisha as it marks the birth anniversary of Netaji and Vir Surendra Sai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days