Unveil mystery behind Netaji`s death, Rajnath asks Centre
Bhubaneswar: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Wednesday asked the Centre to reveal how Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose met his end and under what circumstances.
Seeking an end to the mystery behind the death of the "real hero" of the country, Singh said it was the responsibility of the Union government to let people know the truth.
"The entire country is impatient to know as to how Netaji died and under what circumstances," the BJP president said while releasing a book on the great leader here on the eve of Netaji`s birth anniversary here.
Rajnath also said that he would visit Netaji`s birth place at Odia Bazaar in Cuttack and garland his statue before leaving the state tomorrow.
Former Odisha Assembly deputy speaker Rama Chandra Panda has written the book titled: "Subashbad, Antarang Adhayan" on the life and politics of Netaji.
Noting that Netaji`s dream of making India the "Jagat Guru" (world teacher) was not fulfilled, Singh said that he wanted `Bharat` to emerge as the economic superpower besides being a world teacher in spiritualism.
"Netaji`s ideological politics and his life would be remembered by generations," the BJP president said, adding that January 23 was a historic day for the state of Odisha as it marks the birth anniversary of Netaji and Vir Surendra Sai.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'