Uproar in Orissa assembly over Shunglu Committee report
Bhubaneswar: Orissa assembly on Saturday
witnessed verbal duels between treasury bench and opposition
over Shunglu Committee report that found procedural violations
by Delhi Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna and Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit for alleged scam involving 2010 Commonwelath Games.
The issue was raised by BJD member Pradeep Maharathy,
who criticised Congress led UPA government at the centre for
the alleged corruption. "A resoultion should be passed against
the persons indicted by the Shunglu Committee," he said.
Accusing Congress of being involved in mega scams,
Maharathy quoted BJP leader L K Advani and Yoga Guru
Ramdev of saying that most of the Congress leaders had stashed
black money in foreign banks.
Another BJD member and party`s youth wing president
Sanjay Dasburma said, "It is shame that the people occupying
constitutional posts are involved in it. He raised question on
how Khanna being ex-offico chairman of DDA offered bailout
package for Games village developer Emmar MGF.
Opposition Congress and BJP separately opposed ruling
BJD`s statement against alleged corruption relating to CWG.
"BJD should look at its actions relating to mining, coal and
Vedanta University land scam before raising fingers at
others," BJP legislature party leader K V Singhdeo said.
Demanding return of Lord Jagannath`s land given to
Vedanta University project, Singhdeo said though this house
had discussed different scams, no action had been taken.
Congress member N K Das accused the ruling BJD of
being involved in mega scams like mining, coal and dal. "BJD
is number one in scams," Das stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery