Vandalism by BJD corporators comes under judicial scrutiny
Cuttack: Alleged vandalism by some ruling BJD corporators during the monthly council meeting of Cuttack Municipal Corporation last month has come under judicial scrutiny of Orissa High Court.
Taking cognizance of a PIL on the matter, the HC yesterday issued notices asking state home secretary, urban development secretary, DGP, CMC commissioner, city DCP and local police inspector (all respondents in the PIL) to file their affidavits in response to the petition within two weeks.
Viewing the case seriously, the court has also issued notices to all the 54 corporators of the civic body, including mayor and deputy mayor, asking them to file their respective affidavits after making them opposite parties in the case.
During last month?s CMC council meeting, some BJD corporators went on a rampage ransacking the council hall in which public properties were damaged.
Advocate Dayanidhi Lenka in his PIL had urged the court to set up a machinery to investigate the matter, estimate the damage and award exemplary compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you