Vegetable trader killed in blast in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A vegetable trader was killed and two others were injured when some eve-teasers hurled a grenade at an industrial estate after some locals objected to their activities, police said on Tuesday.
The accused indulged in eve teasing the girls of the area when local youths objected to their activities last night.
Angry over opposition to their activities, the miscreants hurled the bomb last night, police said, adding Bauribandhu Choudhury (28), a vegetable trader, who was standing nearby was killed and two others sustained injuries.
The injured persons were admitted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital here.
Eve-teasing in the area by the miscreants was stated to be the cause of the incident, they said.
"Investigation is in the preliminary stage and we cannot reach any conclusion immediately," said SP (Berhampur) Prateek Mohanty. Senior police officers along with forces rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in the brand new poster of ‘Rustom’
- BJP has reduced foreign policy to ''event management exercise'': JD(U)
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan behind Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG' release delay?
- 11-year-old blood cancer patient seeks help from PM Narendra Modi, CM Akhilesh Yadav
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 up for grabs in first flash sale today