Vegetable trader killed in blast in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A vegetable trader was killed and two others were injured when some eve-teasers hurled a grenade at an industrial estate after some locals objected to their activities, police said on Tuesday.
The accused indulged in eve teasing the girls of the area when local youths objected to their activities last night.
Angry over opposition to their activities, the miscreants hurled the bomb last night, police said, adding Bauribandhu Choudhury (28), a vegetable trader, who was standing nearby was killed and two others sustained injuries.
The injured persons were admitted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital here.
Eve-teasing in the area by the miscreants was stated to be the cause of the incident, they said.
"Investigation is in the preliminary stage and we cannot reach any conclusion immediately," said SP (Berhampur) Prateek Mohanty. Senior police officers along with forces rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price