Vegetable trader killed in blast in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A vegetable trader was killed and two others were injured when some eve-teasers hurled a grenade at an industrial estate after some locals objected to their activities, police said on Tuesday.
The accused indulged in eve teasing the girls of the area when local youths objected to their activities last night.
Angry over opposition to their activities, the miscreants hurled the bomb last night, police said, adding Bauribandhu Choudhury (28), a vegetable trader, who was standing nearby was killed and two others sustained injuries.
The injured persons were admitted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital here.
Eve-teasing in the area by the miscreants was stated to be the cause of the incident, they said.
"Investigation is in the preliminary stage and we cannot reach any conclusion immediately," said SP (Berhampur) Prateek Mohanty. Senior police officers along with forces rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened