Vegetable trader killed in blast in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A vegetable trader was killed and two others were injured when some eve-teasers hurled a grenade at an industrial estate after some locals objected to their activities, police said on Tuesday.
The accused indulged in eve teasing the girls of the area when local youths objected to their activities last night.
Angry over opposition to their activities, the miscreants hurled the bomb last night, police said, adding Bauribandhu Choudhury (28), a vegetable trader, who was standing nearby was killed and two others sustained injuries.
The injured persons were admitted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital here.
Eve-teasing in the area by the miscreants was stated to be the cause of the incident, they said.
"Investigation is in the preliminary stage and we cannot reach any conclusion immediately," said SP (Berhampur) Prateek Mohanty. Senior police officers along with forces rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress