Vegetable trader killed in blast in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A vegetable trader was killed and two others were injured when some eve-teasers hurled a grenade at an industrial estate after some locals objected to their activities, police said on Tuesday.
The accused indulged in eve teasing the girls of the area when local youths objected to their activities last night.
Angry over opposition to their activities, the miscreants hurled the bomb last night, police said, adding Bauribandhu Choudhury (28), a vegetable trader, who was standing nearby was killed and two others sustained injuries.
The injured persons were admitted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital here.
Eve-teasing in the area by the miscreants was stated to be the cause of the incident, they said.
"Investigation is in the preliminary stage and we cannot reach any conclusion immediately," said SP (Berhampur) Prateek Mohanty. Senior police officers along with forces rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today