Vigilance personnel arrest DSP
Rourkela: A senior police officer of the rank of a Deputy Superintendent of Police was arrested by vigilance sleuths after week-long raids at his property in four places in Orissa.
DSP Prashant Kumar Mohanty was arrested yesterday and produced before a vigilance court at Sambalpur which remanded him to jail custody till October 13, Vigilance DSP Prabin Kumar Das said.
The raids had been conducted on the basis of a complaint that Mohanty had amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, Das said.
The raids were conducted at Puri, Angul and his brother-in-law`s house at Nimabahali in Dhenkanal district and his office and official residence at Rourkela.
According to preliminary estimates, Mohanty had properties worth about a crore. Mohanty was the second DSP rank police officer in Rourkela police district, against whom vigilance raids were conducted.
Earlier Bonai subdivisional police officer (SDPO) Bonai NC Naik had faced vigilance raids in April last for amassing assets over a crore. However, Naik was absconding to avoid police arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad