Vigilance personnel arrest DSP
Rourkela: A senior police officer of the rank of a Deputy Superintendent of Police was arrested by vigilance sleuths after week-long raids at his property in four places in Orissa.
DSP Prashant Kumar Mohanty was arrested yesterday and produced before a vigilance court at Sambalpur which remanded him to jail custody till October 13, Vigilance DSP Prabin Kumar Das said.
The raids had been conducted on the basis of a complaint that Mohanty had amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, Das said.
The raids were conducted at Puri, Angul and his brother-in-law`s house at Nimabahali in Dhenkanal district and his office and official residence at Rourkela.
According to preliminary estimates, Mohanty had properties worth about a crore. Mohanty was the second DSP rank police officer in Rourkela police district, against whom vigilance raids were conducted.
Earlier Bonai subdivisional police officer (SDPO) Bonai NC Naik had faced vigilance raids in April last for amassing assets over a crore. However, Naik was absconding to avoid police arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery