Vigilance personnel arrest DSP
Rourkela: A senior police officer of the rank of a Deputy Superintendent of Police was arrested by vigilance sleuths after week-long raids at his property in four places in Orissa.
DSP Prashant Kumar Mohanty was arrested yesterday and produced before a vigilance court at Sambalpur which remanded him to jail custody till October 13, Vigilance DSP Prabin Kumar Das said.
The raids had been conducted on the basis of a complaint that Mohanty had amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, Das said.
The raids were conducted at Puri, Angul and his brother-in-law`s house at Nimabahali in Dhenkanal district and his office and official residence at Rourkela.
According to preliminary estimates, Mohanty had properties worth about a crore. Mohanty was the second DSP rank police officer in Rourkela police district, against whom vigilance raids were conducted.
Earlier Bonai subdivisional police officer (SDPO) Bonai NC Naik had faced vigilance raids in April last for amassing assets over a crore. However, Naik was absconding to avoid police arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader