Vigilance personnel arrest DSP
Rourkela: A senior police officer of the rank of a Deputy Superintendent of Police was arrested by vigilance sleuths after week-long raids at his property in four places in Orissa.
DSP Prashant Kumar Mohanty was arrested yesterday and produced before a vigilance court at Sambalpur which remanded him to jail custody till October 13, Vigilance DSP Prabin Kumar Das said.
The raids had been conducted on the basis of a complaint that Mohanty had amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, Das said.
The raids were conducted at Puri, Angul and his brother-in-law`s house at Nimabahali in Dhenkanal district and his office and official residence at Rourkela.
According to preliminary estimates, Mohanty had properties worth about a crore. Mohanty was the second DSP rank police officer in Rourkela police district, against whom vigilance raids were conducted.
Earlier Bonai subdivisional police officer (SDPO) Bonai NC Naik had faced vigilance raids in April last for amassing assets over a crore. However, Naik was absconding to avoid police arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support