Vigilance personnel arrest DSP
Rourkela: A senior police officer of the rank of a Deputy Superintendent of Police was arrested by vigilance sleuths after week-long raids at his property in four places in Orissa.
DSP Prashant Kumar Mohanty was arrested yesterday and produced before a vigilance court at Sambalpur which remanded him to jail custody till October 13, Vigilance DSP Prabin Kumar Das said.
The raids had been conducted on the basis of a complaint that Mohanty had amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, Das said.
The raids were conducted at Puri, Angul and his brother-in-law`s house at Nimabahali in Dhenkanal district and his office and official residence at Rourkela.
According to preliminary estimates, Mohanty had properties worth about a crore. Mohanty was the second DSP rank police officer in Rourkela police district, against whom vigilance raids were conducted.
Earlier Bonai subdivisional police officer (SDPO) Bonai NC Naik had faced vigilance raids in April last for amassing assets over a crore. However, Naik was absconding to avoid police arrest.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video