Vigilance raids: Rs 47.6L cash seized from Odisha govt officer
Bhubaneswar: The anti-corruption vigilance department on Monday seized Rs 47.60 lakh cash and silver, gold ornaments from the possession of a senior Odisha government officer, official sources said.
Vigilance officials carried out raids at five residences of Deputy Commissioner of Excise, Cuttack, Dillip Kumar Nag.
Warrants for the raids were issued by the special vigilance court, they said.
"Five teams are conducting raids at Dillip`s five residences, the operation is going on," vigilance officer S B Mishra said, adding that the officials have seized gold and cash from his Jagamara residence.
Nag could not give satisfactory answers when asked about the recovery of the large amount of cash, Mishra said.
During the searches, vigilance officials seized movable assets, including a car and a jeep, worth Rs 17.40 lakh.
"Gold ornaments weighing 1 kg 480 gms and silver ornaments weighing 650 gms were found. Deposits in banks, post offices and mutual fund worth Rs 44.73 lakh and insurance (LIC) to the tune of Rs 9 lakh have been traced," Mishra said.
Immovable assets worth of Rs 77 lakh have also been located, he said.
Total movable and immovable assets so far detected during house search are calculated at about Rs 1.95 crore. The search is continuing, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users