Vigilance raids: Rs 47.6L cash seized from Odisha govt officer
Bhubaneswar: The anti-corruption vigilance department on Monday seized Rs 47.60 lakh cash and silver, gold ornaments from the possession of a senior Odisha government officer, official sources said.
Vigilance officials carried out raids at five residences of Deputy Commissioner of Excise, Cuttack, Dillip Kumar Nag.
Warrants for the raids were issued by the special vigilance court, they said.
"Five teams are conducting raids at Dillip`s five residences, the operation is going on," vigilance officer S B Mishra said, adding that the officials have seized gold and cash from his Jagamara residence.
Nag could not give satisfactory answers when asked about the recovery of the large amount of cash, Mishra said.
During the searches, vigilance officials seized movable assets, including a car and a jeep, worth Rs 17.40 lakh.
"Gold ornaments weighing 1 kg 480 gms and silver ornaments weighing 650 gms were found. Deposits in banks, post offices and mutual fund worth Rs 44.73 lakh and insurance (LIC) to the tune of Rs 9 lakh have been traced," Mishra said.
Immovable assets worth of Rs 77 lakh have also been located, he said.
Total movable and immovable assets so far detected during house search are calculated at about Rs 1.95 crore. The search is continuing, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon