Vijay Divas observed in Ganjam
Berhampur (Odisha): People of Kamalapur, a small village in Ganjam district of Odisha, observed Kargil Vijay Diwas.
There was a special mention on the occasion yesterday for M Krishan Rao, the only person from the village who laid down his life in the war of 1999.
"We have been observing the day in memory of our heroes since the Kargil war ended," said president of ex-servicemen association, Kamalapur, A Purushottam.
Most villagers of Kamalapur happen to be ex-servicemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'