Vijay Divas observed in Ganjam
Berhampur (Odisha): People of Kamalapur, a small village in Ganjam district of Odisha, observed Kargil Vijay Diwas.
There was a special mention on the occasion yesterday for M Krishan Rao, the only person from the village who laid down his life in the war of 1999.
"We have been observing the day in memory of our heroes since the Kargil war ended," said president of ex-servicemen association, Kamalapur, A Purushottam.
Most villagers of Kamalapur happen to be ex-servicemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre