Vijay Divas observed in Ganjam
Berhampur (Odisha): People of Kamalapur, a small village in Ganjam district of Odisha, observed Kargil Vijay Diwas.
There was a special mention on the occasion yesterday for M Krishan Rao, the only person from the village who laid down his life in the war of 1999.
"We have been observing the day in memory of our heroes since the Kargil war ended," said president of ex-servicemen association, Kamalapur, A Purushottam.
Most villagers of Kamalapur happen to be ex-servicemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire