Vijay Divas observed in Ganjam
Berhampur (Odisha): People of Kamalapur, a small village in Ganjam district of Odisha, observed Kargil Vijay Diwas.
There was a special mention on the occasion yesterday for M Krishan Rao, the only person from the village who laid down his life in the war of 1999.
"We have been observing the day in memory of our heroes since the Kargil war ended," said president of ex-servicemen association, Kamalapur, A Purushottam.
Most villagers of Kamalapur happen to be ex-servicemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout
- Italy, Netherlands offer to share UN council seat