Vijay Divas observed in Ganjam
Berhampur (Odisha): People of Kamalapur, a small village in Ganjam district of Odisha, observed Kargil Vijay Diwas.
There was a special mention on the occasion yesterday for M Krishan Rao, the only person from the village who laid down his life in the war of 1999.
"We have been observing the day in memory of our heroes since the Kargil war ended," said president of ex-servicemen association, Kamalapur, A Purushottam.
Most villagers of Kamalapur happen to be ex-servicemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Islamic State urges Ramadan attacks in US, Europe in new audio broadcast
- Meet the graduates! Aryan Khan and Navya Naveli Nanda celebrate freedom like stars—View pics
- Watch: 'Smart' walking stick that can help Parkinson's sufferers regain rhythm!
- Shocking: DFO owns luxurious swimming pool as Sukma craves for water
- SC to hear plea seeking water supply ban to Maharashtra breweries