Village head shot dead by Maoists in Odisha
Malkangiri: A village head was gunned down by Maoists at a remote village in Odisha`s Malkangiri district.
A group of heavily armed ultras called Ishwar Chandra Sodi, village head in Padia area, out of his house and shot him dead last evening in Kota Materu village, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
Though the exact reason behind the killing was yet to be ascertained, the red rebels apparently eliminated the village head as they suspected him to be functioning as an informer for the police, they said.
Police force had been sent to the remote forest area, about 40 km from here, and investigation was in progress, police said.
The killing came shortly after nine Maoists surrendered before the police in the Naxal-affected district.
- Google Chrome overtakes Internet Explorer to be crowned top web browser
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu