Vineenl Krishna shifted out of Malkangiri, posted in ST&SC dept
Bhubaneswar: Malkangiri District Collector R
Vineel Krishna whose abduction by Maoists in February sparked
a nationwide outcry, was among the eight Collectors and seven
secretaries who had been transferred as part of a major
bureaucratic reshuffle today, official sources said.
Krishna, a 2005 batch IAS officer, was on leave ever
since he was released by Maoist in last week of February after
the state government entered into an agreement with the three
naxal selected mediators.
Krishna was transferred and posted as director of
Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste Development department.
Besides, Krishna, Kandhamal district collector Krishna
Kumar, whose work during the ethno-communal riot in 2008 was
praised by Union Home minister P Chidambaram, was also
transferred and posted as the collector, Ganjam district.
Ganjam collector V Kartikyan Pandian was transferred
and posted as Private Secretary to the chief minister while
Koraput district collector R P Patil was named as the new
collector of Kandhamal district.
Others who were transferred and posted as collectors
include- D V Swamy (Keonjhar), S Balwant (Malkangiri), Arabind
Agarwal (Sambalpur), S P Mishra (Angul), R P Singh (Gajapati)
and T S Ramachandra (Koraput).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read