Vineenl Krishna shifted out of Malkangiri, posted in ST&SC dept
Bhubaneswar: Malkangiri District Collector R
Vineel Krishna whose abduction by Maoists in February sparked
a nationwide outcry, was among the eight Collectors and seven
secretaries who had been transferred as part of a major
bureaucratic reshuffle today, official sources said.
Krishna, a 2005 batch IAS officer, was on leave ever
since he was released by Maoist in last week of February after
the state government entered into an agreement with the three
naxal selected mediators.
Krishna was transferred and posted as director of
Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste Development department.
Besides, Krishna, Kandhamal district collector Krishna
Kumar, whose work during the ethno-communal riot in 2008 was
praised by Union Home minister P Chidambaram, was also
transferred and posted as the collector, Ganjam district.
Ganjam collector V Kartikyan Pandian was transferred
and posted as Private Secretary to the chief minister while
Koraput district collector R P Patil was named as the new
collector of Kandhamal district.
Others who were transferred and posted as collectors
include- D V Swamy (Keonjhar), S Balwant (Malkangiri), Arabind
Agarwal (Sambalpur), S P Mishra (Angul), R P Singh (Gajapati)
and T S Ramachandra (Koraput).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev