VP`s flight held up to allow Kingfisher plane to land
Bhubaneswar: An Indian Air Force flight
carrying Vice-President M Hamid Ansari had to wait on the
runway for about 10 minutes at the Biju Patnaik airport here
today to make way for the landing of a Kingfisher Airlines
aircraft, the airport police said.
As the Vice-President`s flight, also carrying his
family members, was on the move on runway the pilot was asked
to stop the aircraft to facilitate the landing of the
Kingfisher plane which was scheduled to land around the same
time, the police said.
Governor M C Bhandare and Orissa Chief Minister Naveen
Patnaik were present at the airport at that time.
The Vice-President`s flight finally left the city
airport after waiting on the runway for 10 minutes.
Sources said as there was about 20-minute delay in the
departure of the Vice-President earlier, the air traffic
control (ATC) had to allow landing of IT 3445 Kingfisher
flight that had already reached here from Bangalore.
Airport Director Anil Pathak later told PTI "everything
was normal according to report received by my office" and
refuted the alleation about lack of coordination between
officials of ATC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India