Wanted Maoist arrested in Andhra Pradesh
Koraput (Orissa): A wanted Maoist, who worked as an over ground worker for the rebels, was arrested by Orissa police from neighbouring Andhra Pradesh.
The ultra, identified as Ganti Prasad, was arrested at Vishakapatnam on Sunday. He was wanted for arranging meeting of former cadre Padma and her husband Ramakrishna, SP Anup Kumar Sahoo said here on Monday.
Ramakrishna is the secretary of Andhra-Orissa Border Special Zonal Committee and member of the Central Committee of CPI (Maoist).
Padma and three others were arrested when they were on the way to meet Ramakrishna near Dudhari in Semiliguda area here on November 13, he said.
Prasad was providing logistic support to the banned outfit, Sahoo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars