Wanted Maoist Sabyasachi Panda`s wife joins Ama Odisha Party
Bhubaneswar: Subhashree Panda, wife of wanted Maoist Sabyasachi Panda, Wednesday joined Ama Odisha Party along with over 100 of her women supporters.
Subhashree, who was set free from jail in 2012, said she would like to contest the ensuing assembly elections from Ranpur segment in Nayagarh district.
She was arrested and jailed for two years for her alleged links with the out-lawed CPI-Maoist party but was subsequently acquitted of the charges in 2012.
Sabyasachi`s father and Subhshree`s father-in-law Ramesh Panda had represented the Ranpur assembly constituency thrice on the CPM ticket.
She has already floated a Ranpur-based outfit Janamanch Odisha after being out of the jail. Above 100 women supporters of Subhshree also joined Ama Odisha Party along with her.
Welcoming Subhshree into Ama Odisha Party fold, Patnaik, who is also the son-in-law of Assam Governor J B Patnaik, said: "Subhshree is a capable leader and her joining will strengthen the party."
He said AOP will field candidates in all the 21 Lok Sabha and 147 assembly seats in Odisha. If nominated to fight from Ranpur seat by the AOP leadership, Subhashree will face BJP candidate and former minister Surama Padhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation