Widow gangraped near temple in Odisha
Berhampur: A widow was allegedly gangraped near a temple by four people, who also recorded the incident in a mobile phone and circulated the video clip, in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said on Wednesday.
The woman was allegedly gangraped by Santosh Biswal, an autorickshaw driver, and three of his friends - Manoj Kumar Sahu (28), Surendra Das (25) and Krushna Behera (20), near Tara Tarini temple at Purushottampur area on April 27, Ganjam DSP Damodara Lenka said.
The woman did not immediately reported the incident but lodged a complaint on May 5 after coming across the MMS, he said, adding that the four accused were arrested yesterday.
In another incident, one Sushant Behera was arrested for allegedly kidnapping a minor girl at Jilundi village on April 30.
She was taken to Bhubaneswar and raped, Bhanjanagar Sub Divisional Police Officer R C Sethi said, adding that the girl has been rescued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj