Widow gangraped near temple in Odisha
Berhampur: A widow was allegedly gangraped near a temple by four people, who also recorded the incident in a mobile phone and circulated the video clip, in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said on Wednesday.
The woman was allegedly gangraped by Santosh Biswal, an autorickshaw driver, and three of his friends - Manoj Kumar Sahu (28), Surendra Das (25) and Krushna Behera (20), near Tara Tarini temple at Purushottampur area on April 27, Ganjam DSP Damodara Lenka said.
The woman did not immediately reported the incident but lodged a complaint on May 5 after coming across the MMS, he said, adding that the four accused were arrested yesterday.
In another incident, one Sushant Behera was arrested for allegedly kidnapping a minor girl at Jilundi village on April 30.
She was taken to Bhubaneswar and raped, Bhanjanagar Sub Divisional Police Officer R C Sethi said, adding that the girl has been rescued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'