Widow gangraped near temple in Odisha
Berhampur: A widow was allegedly gangraped near a temple by four people, who also recorded the incident in a mobile phone and circulated the video clip, in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said on Wednesday.
The woman was allegedly gangraped by Santosh Biswal, an autorickshaw driver, and three of his friends - Manoj Kumar Sahu (28), Surendra Das (25) and Krushna Behera (20), near Tara Tarini temple at Purushottampur area on April 27, Ganjam DSP Damodara Lenka said.
The woman did not immediately reported the incident but lodged a complaint on May 5 after coming across the MMS, he said, adding that the four accused were arrested yesterday.
In another incident, one Sushant Behera was arrested for allegedly kidnapping a minor girl at Jilundi village on April 30.
She was taken to Bhubaneswar and raped, Bhanjanagar Sub Divisional Police Officer R C Sethi said, adding that the girl has been rescued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says