Widow gangraped near temple in Odisha
Berhampur: A widow was allegedly gangraped near a temple by four people, who also recorded the incident in a mobile phone and circulated the video clip, in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said on Wednesday.
The woman was allegedly gangraped by Santosh Biswal, an autorickshaw driver, and three of his friends - Manoj Kumar Sahu (28), Surendra Das (25) and Krushna Behera (20), near Tara Tarini temple at Purushottampur area on April 27, Ganjam DSP Damodara Lenka said.
The woman did not immediately reported the incident but lodged a complaint on May 5 after coming across the MMS, he said, adding that the four accused were arrested yesterday.
In another incident, one Sushant Behera was arrested for allegedly kidnapping a minor girl at Jilundi village on April 30.
She was taken to Bhubaneswar and raped, Bhanjanagar Sub Divisional Police Officer R C Sethi said, adding that the girl has been rescued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical