Widow gangraped near temple in Odisha
Berhampur: A widow was allegedly gangraped near a temple by four people, who also recorded the incident in a mobile phone and circulated the video clip, in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said on Wednesday.
The woman was allegedly gangraped by Santosh Biswal, an autorickshaw driver, and three of his friends - Manoj Kumar Sahu (28), Surendra Das (25) and Krushna Behera (20), near Tara Tarini temple at Purushottampur area on April 27, Ganjam DSP Damodara Lenka said.
The woman did not immediately reported the incident but lodged a complaint on May 5 after coming across the MMS, he said, adding that the four accused were arrested yesterday.
In another incident, one Sushant Behera was arrested for allegedly kidnapping a minor girl at Jilundi village on April 30.
She was taken to Bhubaneswar and raped, Bhanjanagar Sub Divisional Police Officer R C Sethi said, adding that the girl has been rescued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender