Widow murder case solved
Berhampur (Odisha): With the arrest of two persons, including the daughter-in-law of a slain woman, police on Sunday claimed to have solved the murder case of a 60-year-old widow in the town.
Daughter-in-law, B Damayanti Reddy and her friend U Narsimha Reddy of Kottaru Nuagaon had allegedly throttled B Janaki Reddy at her house in Shanti Nagar uder Bada Bazar police station on March 19 night, while her son had been to sleep, police said.
Narsimha had taken away the gold ornaments of the widow after committing the crime.
"We have also recovered gold ornaments weighing around 100 grams after arresting the duo yesterday," said sub-divisional police officer (Berhadpur) B K Panigrahi.
Police also seized the "dupatta" of Damayanti which was used to kill the widow.
Narsimha was working in a private firm in Oman and had come to the village recently, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore