Widow murder case solved
Berhampur (Odisha): With the arrest of two persons, including the daughter-in-law of a slain woman, police on Sunday claimed to have solved the murder case of a 60-year-old widow in the town.
Daughter-in-law, B Damayanti Reddy and her friend U Narsimha Reddy of Kottaru Nuagaon had allegedly throttled B Janaki Reddy at her house in Shanti Nagar uder Bada Bazar police station on March 19 night, while her son had been to sleep, police said.
Narsimha had taken away the gold ornaments of the widow after committing the crime.
"We have also recovered gold ornaments weighing around 100 grams after arresting the duo yesterday," said sub-divisional police officer (Berhadpur) B K Panigrahi.
Police also seized the "dupatta" of Damayanti which was used to kill the widow.
Narsimha was working in a private firm in Oman and had come to the village recently, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon