Widow murder case solved
Berhampur (Odisha): With the arrest of two persons, including the daughter-in-law of a slain woman, police on Sunday claimed to have solved the murder case of a 60-year-old widow in the town.
Daughter-in-law, B Damayanti Reddy and her friend U Narsimha Reddy of Kottaru Nuagaon had allegedly throttled B Janaki Reddy at her house in Shanti Nagar uder Bada Bazar police station on March 19 night, while her son had been to sleep, police said.
Narsimha had taken away the gold ornaments of the widow after committing the crime.
"We have also recovered gold ornaments weighing around 100 grams after arresting the duo yesterday," said sub-divisional police officer (Berhadpur) B K Panigrahi.
Police also seized the "dupatta" of Damayanti which was used to kill the widow.
Narsimha was working in a private firm in Oman and had come to the village recently, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why