Widow murder case solved
Berhampur (Odisha): With the arrest of two persons, including the daughter-in-law of a slain woman, police on Sunday claimed to have solved the murder case of a 60-year-old widow in the town.
Daughter-in-law, B Damayanti Reddy and her friend U Narsimha Reddy of Kottaru Nuagaon had allegedly throttled B Janaki Reddy at her house in Shanti Nagar uder Bada Bazar police station on March 19 night, while her son had been to sleep, police said.
Narsimha had taken away the gold ornaments of the widow after committing the crime.
"We have also recovered gold ornaments weighing around 100 grams after arresting the duo yesterday," said sub-divisional police officer (Berhadpur) B K Panigrahi.
Police also seized the "dupatta" of Damayanti which was used to kill the widow.
Narsimha was working in a private firm in Oman and had come to the village recently, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?