Widow murder case solved
Berhampur (Odisha): With the arrest of two persons, including the daughter-in-law of a slain woman, police on Sunday claimed to have solved the murder case of a 60-year-old widow in the town.
Daughter-in-law, B Damayanti Reddy and her friend U Narsimha Reddy of Kottaru Nuagaon had allegedly throttled B Janaki Reddy at her house in Shanti Nagar uder Bada Bazar police station on March 19 night, while her son had been to sleep, police said.
Narsimha had taken away the gold ornaments of the widow after committing the crime.
"We have also recovered gold ornaments weighing around 100 grams after arresting the duo yesterday," said sub-divisional police officer (Berhadpur) B K Panigrahi.
Police also seized the "dupatta" of Damayanti which was used to kill the widow.
Narsimha was working in a private firm in Oman and had come to the village recently, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief