‘Will release 27 prisoners on humane ground’
New Delhi: The Chief Minister of Orissa Naveen Patnaik reiterated on Thursday that the government will release 27 persons as demanded by the Maoists to end the hostage crisis. “The govt has made this gesture on humane grounds. I hope the Maoists will reciprocate,” the CM said.
The chief minister also added that Maoist leader Panda’s wife was also among the 27 to be released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond