Woman, brothers get life term for killing husband
Balasore (Orissa): A woman and her three
brothers were sentenced to life imprisonment by a fast track
court here for killing her husband at Astia village in
Orissa`s Balasore district.
Additional session judge R K Sahu convicted and
awarded life term to Salima Bibi (28) and her brothers Sattar
Khan, Mahimud Khan and Mansur Khan yesterday for the murder of
Gulam Rasul (32) on October 23, 2008.
According to prosecution, Gulam Rasul had married
Salima Bibi of Astia village under Balasore Sadar police
station. But due to frequent quarrel between the couple,
Salima was staying in her paternal house.
On October 23, 2008 Gulam went to his father-inlaw`s
place to take her back but his wife Salima and her three
brothers killed the man and threw the body in a septic tank in
A missing report was lodged with police by his uncle
but the police then could not trace him. However, after some
days when stench started emanating, villagers called the
police and Gulam`s decomposed body was found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez