Woman diagnosed with dengue in Odisha
Berhampur: Dengue scare resurfaced at Berhampur town in Odisha`s Ganjam district when a 25-year-old woman, suspected to be suffering from the vector-borne disease was admitted to MKCG Medical College and Hospital here.
The woman from Lanjipalli was admitted to the hospital yesterday after she tested positive for dengue at a private pathology lab. "The blood sample of the patient will be tested at microbiology department of MKCG to confirm the disease," said additional district medical officer (ADMO) L K Rath.
The woman was working in Bangalore and came to the town a week ago. "We suspect she might have contracted the disease there," the ADMO said.
She is undergoing treatment at the medicine ward. Her condition is stated to be stable, medical sources said. Last year, as many as 533 people were diagnosed with dengue in Ganjam district, official sources said.
"We have taken all precautionary measures to check the spread of dengue and malaria in the district," said district malaria officer (DMO) U S Mishra.
Worried over suspected resurfacing of dengue in the town, the health wing of Berhampur Municipal Corporation has started an operation for cleaning heaps of garbage accumulated at Lanjipalli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah