Woman gang-raped, ornaments looted in Odisha
Jajpur: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped and her gold ornaments looted by three youths after they forcibly took her to a forest in Keonjhar district of Odisha, police said on Friday.
The three were arrested yesterday from their villages in Keonjhar district in connection with the incident that took place on Tuesday.
The married woman from Cuttack, who had gone to her younger sister`s house in Jajpur district, was waiting for a bus to return to the town at Solei Chhak when one of the accused Subha alias Papu offered her a lift in his SUV, police said.
The woman was then taken to a forest at Ghatagaon in neighbouring Keonjhar district where she was allegedly sexually assaulted by Papu, Manas Das and Sujit Ghadei.
She was robbed of her gold ornaments and mobile phone and left unconscious.
When she regained consciousness, she took a bus home from Ghatagaon-Anadapur road and later lodged a complaint at the Jajpur Road police station on Wednesday.
IIC of Jajpur Road police station Aswini Kumar Sahu said all the accused were held and the woman`s ornaments and mobile phone recovered.
The result of a medical examination of both the aggrieved and the accused are awaited, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement