Woman injured in bomb attack
Paradip: A woman was injured when unidentified miscreants hurled a bomb at her house at a village near Posco`s proposed steel project site in Odisha`s Jagatsinghpur district, police said on Saturday.
The woman, identified as Namita Samal (32) of Mahala village in Dhinkia area, sustained injuries as the men hurled a crude bomb at her house and sped away on a bike last night, Additional Superintendent of Police, Bijay Sahu said.
One person has been detained in connection with the incident, while the woman was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The reason behind the bomb attack was yet to be ascertained, but it was suspected to be a fallout of the arrest of two persons yesterday from the village in connection
with the clash that had taken place during construction of a coastal road near the Posco plant site, police said.
The attackers apparently suspected that Namita had provided information to the police about presence of the two persons in the village and in the process helping in their arrest, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui