Woman injured in bomb attack
Paradip: A woman was injured when unidentified miscreants hurled a bomb at her house at a village near Posco`s proposed steel project site in Odisha`s Jagatsinghpur district, police said on Saturday.
The woman, identified as Namita Samal (32) of Mahala village in Dhinkia area, sustained injuries as the men hurled a crude bomb at her house and sped away on a bike last night, Additional Superintendent of Police, Bijay Sahu said.
One person has been detained in connection with the incident, while the woman was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The reason behind the bomb attack was yet to be ascertained, but it was suspected to be a fallout of the arrest of two persons yesterday from the village in connection
with the clash that had taken place during construction of a coastal road near the Posco plant site, police said.
The attackers apparently suspected that Namita had provided information to the police about presence of the two persons in the village and in the process helping in their arrest, they said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 32: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab — As it happened...
- Non-veg food banned in Lucknow University campus, students term the decision as 'anti-Dalit'
- When Sachin Tendulkar's run-out against Pakistan triggered huge riot
- Rishi Kapoor spills the beans over son Ranbir Kapoor’s break-up with Katrina Kaif?
- Canara Bank revises lending rates based on MCLR