Woman injured in bomb attack
Paradip: A woman was injured when unidentified miscreants hurled a bomb at her house at a village near Posco`s proposed steel project site in Odisha`s Jagatsinghpur district, police said on Saturday.
The woman, identified as Namita Samal (32) of Mahala village in Dhinkia area, sustained injuries as the men hurled a crude bomb at her house and sped away on a bike last night, Additional Superintendent of Police, Bijay Sahu said.
One person has been detained in connection with the incident, while the woman was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
The reason behind the bomb attack was yet to be ascertained, but it was suspected to be a fallout of the arrest of two persons yesterday from the village in connection
with the clash that had taken place during construction of a coastal road near the Posco plant site, police said.
The attackers apparently suspected that Namita had provided information to the police about presence of the two persons in the village and in the process helping in their arrest, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report