Woman killed, another found after suspected sexual
Sambalpur: Recovery of the body of a woman in Bolangir district on Thursday and rescue of an unconscious girl at Burla in Sambalpur district sent shock waves in western Odisha.
The body of a middle-aged, married woman, missing since Monday, was found at a jungle near Titlagarh in Bolangir district this morning.
"We suspect it to be a case of rape and murder as blood was found in the victim`s private parts. The facts will be known after we get the post-mortem report," Titlagarh sub-divisional police officer Dilip Kumar Purohit said.
A 20-year-old unidentified woman was found lying unconscious at PG Chhak in Sambalpur district and was admitted to the VSS Medical College and Hospital last evening.
"The woman is not in a condition to speak. We are not ruling out rape. Medical tests are being conducted. Mental condition of the victim is not normal now. Her identity can be ascertained after she recovers fully," Inspector in-charge of Burla police station, Mihir Panda said.
Assistant professor of FMT department Dr Jyotish Chowdhury said, "Injury marks were found in the private parts of the victim. Samples have been sent to the state forensic laboratory for tests."
The Rayagada police, meanwhile, have arrested two more youths for the gang-rape of a minor girl on January 2. Two others were arrested earlier.
The minor who was staying with her grandmother was gang-raped when she was returning home from work at a local shop. The victim had set herself ablaze and was admitted at a private hospital in Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof