Woman Maoist cadre surrenders in Orissa
Paralakhemundi: A woman Maoist
cadre allegedly involved in several criminal activities
surrendered on Wednesday before the police in Orissa`s Gajapati
"The Maoist cadre Tabita Mallick of Gangamunda village
in Adaba police station area of the district, was active in
Maoist activities since 2009," Superintendent of Police
Sarthak Sarangi said.
Tabita, who was inducted into Maoist outfit under the
supervision of Azad, was subsequently shifted to Ghumsar
division and working under Nikhil before surrender.
She was involved in killing of a panchayat samiti
member of Srirampur in Kotagad block of Kandhamal and exchange
of fire with police in Gopinathpur and Kharimera, Sarangi
Tabita, who was produced before mediapersons, said
that she was neglected, exploited and was not given money for
day to day requirement.
She said she was not allowed to marry on her choice.
Sarangi said Tabita would be provided the benefits as
per the policy of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region