Woman Maoist cadre surrenders in Orissa
Paralakhemundi: A woman Maoist
cadre allegedly involved in several criminal activities
surrendered on Wednesday before the police in Orissa`s Gajapati
"The Maoist cadre Tabita Mallick of Gangamunda village
in Adaba police station area of the district, was active in
Maoist activities since 2009," Superintendent of Police
Sarthak Sarangi said.
Tabita, who was inducted into Maoist outfit under the
supervision of Azad, was subsequently shifted to Ghumsar
division and working under Nikhil before surrender.
She was involved in killing of a panchayat samiti
member of Srirampur in Kotagad block of Kandhamal and exchange
of fire with police in Gopinathpur and Kharimera, Sarangi
Tabita, who was produced before mediapersons, said
that she was neglected, exploited and was not given money for
day to day requirement.
She said she was not allowed to marry on her choice.
Sarangi said Tabita would be provided the benefits as
per the policy of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan