Woman Maoist cadre surrenders in Orissa
Paralakhemundi: A woman Maoist
cadre allegedly involved in several criminal activities
surrendered on Wednesday before the police in Orissa`s Gajapati
"The Maoist cadre Tabita Mallick of Gangamunda village
in Adaba police station area of the district, was active in
Maoist activities since 2009," Superintendent of Police
Sarthak Sarangi said.
Tabita, who was inducted into Maoist outfit under the
supervision of Azad, was subsequently shifted to Ghumsar
division and working under Nikhil before surrender.
She was involved in killing of a panchayat samiti
member of Srirampur in Kotagad block of Kandhamal and exchange
of fire with police in Gopinathpur and Kharimera, Sarangi
Tabita, who was produced before mediapersons, said
that she was neglected, exploited and was not given money for
day to day requirement.
She said she was not allowed to marry on her choice.
Sarangi said Tabita would be provided the benefits as
per the policy of the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world