Work at Posco site resumes after 25 days
Paradip: Work at the proposed Posco steel plant site in Orissa`s Jagatsinghpur district on Saturday resumed after a gap of around 25 days.
"Work at the Posco site has commenced. It had remained suspended since August 15 in view of holidays and other engagements. Construction work for rehabilitation colonies and boundary walls will also commence soon," Paradip additional district magistrate Surjeet Das said here.
The district administration had demolished two bamboo gates erected by the anti-Posco brigade yesterday to prevent entry of government officials and company executives.
At least seven persons were arrested for preventing government servants from performing their duties, Kujang tehsildar Basudev Pradhan said.
The protesters erected the gates again in the area today. However, the administration re-commenced tree felling and forest clearance work at Mathasahi of Nuagaon gram panchayat, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal