Work at Posco site resumes after 25 days
Paradip: Work at the proposed Posco steel plant site in Orissa`s Jagatsinghpur district on Saturday resumed after a gap of around 25 days.
"Work at the Posco site has commenced. It had remained suspended since August 15 in view of holidays and other engagements. Construction work for rehabilitation colonies and boundary walls will also commence soon," Paradip additional district magistrate Surjeet Das said here.
The district administration had demolished two bamboo gates erected by the anti-Posco brigade yesterday to prevent entry of government officials and company executives.
At least seven persons were arrested for preventing government servants from performing their duties, Kujang tehsildar Basudev Pradhan said.
The protesters erected the gates again in the area today. However, the administration re-commenced tree felling and forest clearance work at Mathasahi of Nuagaon gram panchayat, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II