Work at Posco site resumes after 25 days
Paradip: Work at the proposed Posco steel plant site in Orissa`s Jagatsinghpur district on Saturday resumed after a gap of around 25 days.
"Work at the Posco site has commenced. It had remained suspended since August 15 in view of holidays and other engagements. Construction work for rehabilitation colonies and boundary walls will also commence soon," Paradip additional district magistrate Surjeet Das said here.
The district administration had demolished two bamboo gates erected by the anti-Posco brigade yesterday to prevent entry of government officials and company executives.
At least seven persons were arrested for preventing government servants from performing their duties, Kujang tehsildar Basudev Pradhan said.
The protesters erected the gates again in the area today. However, the administration re-commenced tree felling and forest clearance work at Mathasahi of Nuagaon gram panchayat, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family