Worker dies in RSP
Rourkela: A contract worker was killed when
a trolley fell on him following snapping of rope in Rourkela
Steel Plant (RSP)on Friday.
Mantu Nayak (27) was working on the floor near the
under-construction blast furnace No 5 when the trolley fell on
him causing his death on the spot, RSP sources said.
Nayak was a worker of a private contractor engaged by
The workers were demanding financial compensation to
the family of the deceased and employment to one of his family
members in RSP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown