Youth Congress workers taken into custody for showing black flags to CM
Phulbani: Five Youth Congress workers were taken into custody by police here for showing black flags to Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik during a visit to Kandhamal district on Tuesday.
The youths carrying black flags rushed towards Patnaik`s convoy when it was passing through the main market area of this district headquarter town, Inspector in-charge (Phulbani), S K Pujari said.
Police personnel on duty in the area swung into action and prevented the protesters from waving the black flags in front of the chief minister`s motorcade and took them into custody as a preventive measure.
Later, Patnaik`s programmes in the district passed off peacefully, he said.
During his whirlwind tour of the tribal-dominated district, the chief minister attended a series of functions and asserted his government`s commitment towards speedy socio-economic development of the state and uplift of the poor and down trodden in backwad areas like Kandhamal.
The BJD government, he said, has taken various steps for development of agriculture, horticulture, education, communication and training to the rural unemployed youths in various trade and programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi