Youth gets life imprisonment for killing father
Cuttack: A youth was sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a local court for killing his father in Cuttack city of Odisha.
Cuttack District and Sessions Judge Shatrughna Pajahari on Thursday sentenced Ketan Bhoi to rigorous life imprisonment and also slapped a fine of Rs 5,000 for killing his father.
Ketan Bhoi of Dahigaan in Cuttack had attacked his father Baja Bhoi on August 4, 2011, with a sharp-edged weapon. Ketan went underground when Baja died of his injuries in the hospital.
He was later arrested following complaints filed by Baja?s other son Sanatan. According to police investigation, Ketan attacked his father when the latter objected to former`s decision of marrying a girl of their village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' Parineeti Chopra is in awe of Kolkata!
- Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu hints at providing reservation to upper caste poor
- French Open 2016, Day 6: Rafael Nadal pulls out, Andy Murray and Kei Nishikori enter last 16
- China to expand counter-terror cooperation with India: Official
- PAC takes up CAG report on AgustaWestland issue