Youth gets life imprisonment for killing father
Cuttack: A youth was sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a local court for killing his father in Cuttack city of Odisha.
Cuttack District and Sessions Judge Shatrughna Pajahari on Thursday sentenced Ketan Bhoi to rigorous life imprisonment and also slapped a fine of Rs 5,000 for killing his father.
Ketan Bhoi of Dahigaan in Cuttack had attacked his father Baja Bhoi on August 4, 2011, with a sharp-edged weapon. Ketan went underground when Baja died of his injuries in the hospital.
He was later arrested following complaints filed by Baja?s other son Sanatan. According to police investigation, Ketan attacked his father when the latter objected to former`s decision of marrying a girl of their village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened