Youth gets life imprisonment for killing father
Cuttack: A youth was sentenced to rigorous life imprisonment by a local court for killing his father in Cuttack city of Odisha.
Cuttack District and Sessions Judge Shatrughna Pajahari on Thursday sentenced Ketan Bhoi to rigorous life imprisonment and also slapped a fine of Rs 5,000 for killing his father.
Ketan Bhoi of Dahigaan in Cuttack had attacked his father Baja Bhoi on August 4, 2011, with a sharp-edged weapon. Ketan went underground when Baja died of his injuries in the hospital.
He was later arrested following complaints filed by Baja?s other son Sanatan. According to police investigation, Ketan attacked his father when the latter objected to former`s decision of marrying a girl of their village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'