10 killed as buses collide in Punjab
Jalalabad: At least 10 people on their way to a wedding were killed and 30 injured when two buses collided head-on in Punjab`s Jalalabad town, police said Monday.
The accident in Ferozepur district`s Jalalabad town, 250 km from Chandigarh, took place Sunday night. Both buses were carrying people going to attend weddings, police said.
"The injured have been shifted to civil hospitals in Jalalabad and in neighbouring towns. According to eye-witnesses, some people were sitting on the roofs of the buses," a police officer said.
"According to hospital officials, 10 people have succumbed to their injuries while others are out of danger," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi