10 killed as buses collide in Punjab
Jalalabad: At least 10 people on their way to a wedding were killed and 30 injured when two buses collided head-on in Punjab`s Jalalabad town, police said Monday.
The accident in Ferozepur district`s Jalalabad town, 250 km from Chandigarh, took place Sunday night. Both buses were carrying people going to attend weddings, police said.
"The injured have been shifted to civil hospitals in Jalalabad and in neighbouring towns. According to eye-witnesses, some people were sitting on the roofs of the buses," a police officer said.
"According to hospital officials, 10 people have succumbed to their injuries while others are out of danger," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore