15-yr-old girl commits suicide over poor results in Punjab
Jalandhar: A 15-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide here for being unable to score satisfactory marks in her Std X exams, police said on late Saturday.
According to police sources, the deceased girl was a resident of Jaipur in Rajasthan who was visiting with her sister in the city for her summer holidays.
She was found hanging from the ceiling fan in the room at her sister`s residence where she had retired last night after dinner.
Her sister and brother-in-law said that the girl had been quite disappointed by her recently announced Std X results and might have taken the extreme step over her poor marks.
The body has been sent for a post-mortem with police saying that an investigation is on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling