15-yr-old girl commits suicide over poor results in Punjab
Jalandhar: A 15-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide here for being unable to score satisfactory marks in her Std X exams, police said on late Saturday.
According to police sources, the deceased girl was a resident of Jaipur in Rajasthan who was visiting with her sister in the city for her summer holidays.
She was found hanging from the ceiling fan in the room at her sister`s residence where she had retired last night after dinner.
Her sister and brother-in-law said that the girl had been quite disappointed by her recently announced Std X results and might have taken the extreme step over her poor marks.
The body has been sent for a post-mortem with police saying that an investigation is on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP