150 jail inmates take pledge not to consume drugs
Kapurthala: Over 150 inmates lodged in the
Modern Jail here on Wednesday took a pledge to shun drugs and urged
the jail authorities to ensure their de-addiction.
The inmates took the pledge in the presence of DGP
(Prisons) Shahsi Kant at a function held inside the jail
The DGP assured the inmates that jail authorities would
make arrangements for their treatment and said drug
de-addiction drive would be carried out in all the jails.
He said over 60 per cent youths in the state were
suffering from drug addiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply