150 jail inmates take pledge not to consume drugs
Kapurthala: Over 150 inmates lodged in the
Modern Jail here on Wednesday took a pledge to shun drugs and urged
the jail authorities to ensure their de-addiction.
The inmates took the pledge in the presence of DGP
(Prisons) Shahsi Kant at a function held inside the jail
The DGP assured the inmates that jail authorities would
make arrangements for their treatment and said drug
de-addiction drive would be carried out in all the jails.
He said over 60 per cent youths in the state were
suffering from drug addiction.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Up close and personal – Get to know Sonam Kapoor better: Here's how
- Windows 10 gets new Facebook, Messenger apps
- Digvijay Singh's youngest daughter succumbs to cancer
- World Bank is looking ways to use Aadhar experience'
- This young maid wanted to do anything to 'please' her boss: Watch video to know what happened