150 jail inmates take pledge not to consume drugs
Kapurthala: Over 150 inmates lodged in the
Modern Jail here on Wednesday took a pledge to shun drugs and urged
the jail authorities to ensure their de-addiction.
The inmates took the pledge in the presence of DGP
(Prisons) Shahsi Kant at a function held inside the jail
The DGP assured the inmates that jail authorities would
make arrangements for their treatment and said drug
de-addiction drive would be carried out in all the jails.
He said over 60 per cent youths in the state were
suffering from drug addiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’