150 jail inmates take pledge not to consume drugs
Kapurthala: Over 150 inmates lodged in the
Modern Jail here on Wednesday took a pledge to shun drugs and urged
the jail authorities to ensure their de-addiction.
The inmates took the pledge in the presence of DGP
(Prisons) Shahsi Kant at a function held inside the jail
The DGP assured the inmates that jail authorities would
make arrangements for their treatment and said drug
de-addiction drive would be carried out in all the jails.
He said over 60 per cent youths in the state were
suffering from drug addiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital