23 panchayats enter ruling Akali fold in Amritsar
Amritsar: Congress on Wednesday suffered a jolt in the border belt of Amritsar district when 23 panchayats of the Baba Bakala assembly constituency joined the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD).
Punjab Revenue and Public Relations Minister Bikram Singh Majithia and MLA of Baba Bakala constituency Manjit Singh Manna welcomed them, the ex-chairman of Market Committee, Majitha, Karnail Singh Nag and some Congress workers during functions held at villages Dhoolka and Naag Navein.
"This is an indication of Congress` total collapse in the state before upcoming local bodies elections," Majithia claimed.
He hoped that the SAD-BJP combine "would get full majority" in the elections "by defeating its political rival with a big margin."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living