3 dead, 32 ill after eating adulterated food in Punjab
Jalandhar: Three persons died while at least 32 factory workers fell ill after eating adulterated food at a factory in Focal Point area here.
After eating food at Chinar Forging factory yesterday, over 35 workers complained of nausea and stomach ache, police said.
"They were rushed to a hospital, where factory supervisor Devender Sharma and cook Nirmala Rani passed away last night," said Assistant Police Commissioner Balkar Singh.
Today computer designer Roshan Kumar died in the hospital, the officer said.
Condition of others is stated to be normal, he said.
Four persons, including food caterer, have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal