3 dead, 32 ill after eating adulterated food in Punjab
Jalandhar: Three persons died while at least 32 factory workers fell ill after eating adulterated food at a factory in Focal Point area here.
After eating food at Chinar Forging factory yesterday, over 35 workers complained of nausea and stomach ache, police said.
"They were rushed to a hospital, where factory supervisor Devender Sharma and cook Nirmala Rani passed away last night," said Assistant Police Commissioner Balkar Singh.
Today computer designer Roshan Kumar died in the hospital, the officer said.
Condition of others is stated to be normal, he said.
Four persons, including food caterer, have been arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata