3 dead, 32 ill after eating adulterated food in Punjab
Jalandhar: Three persons died while at least 32 factory workers fell ill after eating adulterated food at a factory in Focal Point area here.
After eating food at Chinar Forging factory yesterday, over 35 workers complained of nausea and stomach ache, police said.
"They were rushed to a hospital, where factory supervisor Devender Sharma and cook Nirmala Rani passed away last night," said Assistant Police Commissioner Balkar Singh.
Today computer designer Roshan Kumar died in the hospital, the officer said.
Condition of others is stated to be normal, he said.
Four persons, including food caterer, have been arrested.
- JNUSU President Kanhaiya Kumar shown black flags in Patna
- India's Kalvari stealth submarine starts sea trials
- New uniform for Air India cabin crew in the offing, khadi among several suggestions
- Uber brings back surge pricing, Arvind Kejriwal warns of strong action
- Happy Birthday! New photographs of Britain's Princess Charlotte released