3 dead, 32 ill after eating adulterated food in Punjab
Jalandhar: Three persons died while at least 32 factory workers fell ill after eating adulterated food at a factory in Focal Point area here.
After eating food at Chinar Forging factory yesterday, over 35 workers complained of nausea and stomach ache, police said.
"They were rushed to a hospital, where factory supervisor Devender Sharma and cook Nirmala Rani passed away last night," said Assistant Police Commissioner Balkar Singh.
Today computer designer Roshan Kumar died in the hospital, the officer said.
Condition of others is stated to be normal, he said.
Four persons, including food caterer, have been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority