3 held in Punjab recruitment racket
Ferozepur: Three people, including a woman, were arrested here for allegedly running a recruitment racket, police said on Tuesday.
Nirmal Kaur was running this racket in connivance with two others, said Surinder Kumar, the officer investigating the case.
Police conducted a raid at her institute in association with the sleuths of Border Security Force (BSF), he said.
"Nirmal Kaur had given an advertisement in local Punjabi newspapers, inviting applications for the recruitment of 60 women constables in BSF. Applicants had to buy a Rs.500 form from her institute before applying," he said.
"We caught Nirmal Kaur red-handed while she was selling four fake forms late Monday," he added.
Two other accused, identified as Tarsem Singh and Bhupinder Singh, were booked for cheating and criminal conspiracy, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!