3 held in Punjab recruitment racket
Ferozepur: Three people, including a woman, were arrested here for allegedly running a recruitment racket, police said on Tuesday.
Nirmal Kaur was running this racket in connivance with two others, said Surinder Kumar, the officer investigating the case.
Police conducted a raid at her institute in association with the sleuths of Border Security Force (BSF), he said.
"Nirmal Kaur had given an advertisement in local Punjabi newspapers, inviting applications for the recruitment of 60 women constables in BSF. Applicants had to buy a Rs.500 form from her institute before applying," he said.
"We caught Nirmal Kaur red-handed while she was selling four fake forms late Monday," he added.
Two other accused, identified as Tarsem Singh and Bhupinder Singh, were booked for cheating and criminal conspiracy, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical