3 held in Punjab recruitment racket
Ferozepur: Three people, including a woman, were arrested here for allegedly running a recruitment racket, police said on Tuesday.
Nirmal Kaur was running this racket in connivance with two others, said Surinder Kumar, the officer investigating the case.
Police conducted a raid at her institute in association with the sleuths of Border Security Force (BSF), he said.
"Nirmal Kaur had given an advertisement in local Punjabi newspapers, inviting applications for the recruitment of 60 women constables in BSF. Applicants had to buy a Rs.500 form from her institute before applying," he said.
"We caught Nirmal Kaur red-handed while she was selling four fake forms late Monday," he added.
Two other accused, identified as Tarsem Singh and Bhupinder Singh, were booked for cheating and criminal conspiracy, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Cancel your train ticket on phone or via SMS through these easy steps
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Anybody can play Sangeeta Bijlani's role but not Naureen's: Prachi Desai
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought