3 held in Punjab recruitment racket
Ferozepur: Three people, including a woman, were arrested here for allegedly running a recruitment racket, police said on Tuesday.
Nirmal Kaur was running this racket in connivance with two others, said Surinder Kumar, the officer investigating the case.
Police conducted a raid at her institute in association with the sleuths of Border Security Force (BSF), he said.
"Nirmal Kaur had given an advertisement in local Punjabi newspapers, inviting applications for the recruitment of 60 women constables in BSF. Applicants had to buy a Rs.500 form from her institute before applying," he said.
"We caught Nirmal Kaur red-handed while she was selling four fake forms late Monday," he added.
Two other accused, identified as Tarsem Singh and Bhupinder Singh, were booked for cheating and criminal conspiracy, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands