3 killed in explosion at NFL plant
Punjab: Three employees were
killed and one was critically injured in an explosion in the
Ammonia plant of National Feritlisers Limited(NFL) in Nangal
The explosion took place at around 11.40 AM following
leakage of gas which left senior Manager Deepak Chhabra,
Mechanical Engineer Mohinder Anand and a worker Jarnail Singh
dead on the spot, NFL Factory Manager Kuldip Chand said in a
Another worker Umesh Kumar sustained serious burn
injuries and taken to DMC hospital in Ludhiana.
The saturator tower fell and a few wires were found
detached in the plant. Immediately, actions were initiated to
shut down the Ammonia and other plants and the total system
was isolated and depressurised while damage and cause of the
accident is being assessed, Chand said.
Ropar SSP L.K.Yadav ruled out sabotage behind the
incident and said there was no gas leakage after the
A magisterial inquiry has been ordered into the
Nangal Deputy Commissioner took serious note of the
alleged failure of NFL authorities in informing the district
administration about the incident. He said the SDM had also
been asked to cover this aspect in his probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!
- Not just cash transactions, IT officials also tracking Facebook posts for foreign tour photos!