30 minutes of rain leaves Chandigarh flooded
Chandigarh: Thirty minutes of heavy rain has left roads in the city flooded triggering traffic jams at some places, even as the road leading to Punjab and Haryana Civil Secretariat building here was also under pools of water.
Dark clouds hovered over Chandigarh, the joint capital of Punjab and Haryana, in the afternoon and later heavy showers had the city roads, many of them in bad shape for a long time, gushing with water.
Rains slowed down the pace of vehicular traffic as motorists had to negotiate through the sharp showers while several riding the two-wheelers were forced to take cover under bus shelters or trees.
The downpour led to water accumulating in low-lying areas and causing traffic snarls on many roads including the city`s Madhya Marg.
While officers and ministers walked in and out of the Civil Secretariat here in their official cars, which have access to the main gates, but many visitors had to wait as the road in front and rear of the building was under water.
Meanwhile, rains also lashed few places in Haryana and Punjab on Thursday.
After poor rains in July after its onset, the monsoon has been in vigorous mode in most parts of the two states and Chandigarh during the past three weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie