30 senior police officers transferred in Punjab
Chandigarh: In a major administrative reshuffle, the Punjab government on Sunday transferred 30 senior police officers with immediate effect, an official spokesman said.
The exercise has been carried out to fill up vacancies and on administrative grounds and the file in this regard has been cleared by the chief minister`s office, he said.
The transferred officers included those of the ranks of Additional Deputy General of Police (ADGP), Inspector General of Police (IG), Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) and SSPs, he said.
Jasminder Singh, ADGP (IT), has been transferred as the new ADGP (Crime), whereas ADGP (Railways) R P Meena will now be the ADGP (Prisons), the spokesperson said, adding that Amritsar Police Commissioner R P Mittal will swap positions from Ram Singh, IG (Border Range), Amritsar.
Arun Pal Singh DIG (Intelligence) will now be the new DIG (CM Security). He will replace S K Singh, who will now be the DIG (Intelligence).
While DIG (Punjab PCR) Khubi Ram has been transferred as DIG (Security), DIG (Intelligence) R K Jaiswal will be the new DIG of Ropar Range.
In other changes, while DCP (Ludhiana Rural) Ashish Chaudhary will swap position with Gurpreet Singh Toor, SSP (VB, Patiala) Varinderpal Singh will now be the new Ferozepur SSP, replacing Hardial Singh Mann.
Mann will replace SSP (Fatehgarh Saheb) Mandeep Singh Sidhu, who will be the new SSP of Hoshiarpur.
Similarly, while SSP (Taran Taran) Dinesh Pratap Singh has been sent as AIG (Personnel), SSP (Fazilka) Gurinder Singh Dhillon goes as SSP (Faridkot), he said, adding that SSP (Gurdaspur) Ravcharan Singh Brar has been transferred as SSP (Kapurthala).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor