4 arrested, narcotics seized in Punjab
Jalandhar: Four persons, including a woman, were arrested in separate incidents after 3,030 kg narcotics worth Rs 1.50 crore in the international market was recovered from their possession, a police official said on Monday.
Acting on a tip off, the police team on Monday intercepted a truck loaded with poppy husk at Chime Kishangarh near Kartarpur and arrested Baljinder Singh and Kundan Singh, Jalandhar SSP (Rural) Yurinder Singh told reporters.
The poppy husk seized in the raid is worth Rs 90 lakh, he said.
Meanwhile, Bhogpur Police arrested Subodh Mahto and Babita Devi from the area yesterday night and recovered 30 kg opium from them, worth Rs 60 lakh in the market, he said.
"Subodh and Babita, residents of Jharkhand, delivered the drugs, whereas the racket was operated by one Amit alias Kundan, who runs a motor spare parts shop in Jamshedpur," he said adding Jharkhand police has been contacted to arrest Amit at the earliest.
All the four arrested have booked under NDPS Act, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet