55-year-old man shot dead in Moga village
Moga: A 55-year-old man was shot dead allegedly by three motorcycle-borne men, one of whom is an accused in several cases of robbery and is out on bail, at Talwndi Bhangerian village in the district, police said Wednesday.
Sukhdev Singh was shot while he was sitting in front of his house last evening, police said.
A case has been registered against the miscreants who managed to escape, they said.
The case has been registered on the complaint of the deceased?s wife Angrej Kaur.
She alleged that one of the accused was Kirpal Singh, their neighbour. Singh is facing about a dozen cases of robberies and is out on bail, police said.
Kaur told the police that Sukhdev was responsible for Kirpal`s arrest in various cases and the killing could be a revenge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes