7 kg heroin recovered in Gurdaspur sector: BSF
Batala: The Border Security Force on Monday recovered 7 kg of heroin from Gurdaspur sector early Monday morning.
BSF personnel of 38 Battalion led by head constable Sukhdev Raj noticed some movement near the fencing along with the Indo-Pak International border, DIG BSF PS Bains told the media persons.
The BSF personnel challenged the intruders who fled away from the spot after leaving a consignment of 7 kg heroin in one kilo each packets, which was thrown from across the border in a pipe, DIG said.
The consignment valued Rs 35 crore in the International market, he said, adding, they also recovered 100 gms of popy husk from the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre