7 kg heroin recovered in Gurdaspur sector: BSF
Batala: The Border Security Force on Monday recovered 7 kg of heroin from Gurdaspur sector early Monday morning.
BSF personnel of 38 Battalion led by head constable Sukhdev Raj noticed some movement near the fencing along with the Indo-Pak International border, DIG BSF PS Bains told the media persons.
The BSF personnel challenged the intruders who fled away from the spot after leaving a consignment of 7 kg heroin in one kilo each packets, which was thrown from across the border in a pipe, DIG said.
The consignment valued Rs 35 crore in the International market, he said, adding, they also recovered 100 gms of popy husk from the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred