7 kg heroin recovered in Gurdaspur sector: BSF
Batala: The Border Security Force on Monday recovered 7 kg of heroin from Gurdaspur sector early Monday morning.
BSF personnel of 38 Battalion led by head constable Sukhdev Raj noticed some movement near the fencing along with the Indo-Pak International border, DIG BSF PS Bains told the media persons.
The BSF personnel challenged the intruders who fled away from the spot after leaving a consignment of 7 kg heroin in one kilo each packets, which was thrown from across the border in a pipe, DIG said.
The consignment valued Rs 35 crore in the International market, he said, adding, they also recovered 100 gms of popy husk from the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam