7 kg heroin recovered in Gurdaspur sector: BSF
Batala: The Border Security Force on Monday recovered 7 kg of heroin from Gurdaspur sector early Monday morning.
BSF personnel of 38 Battalion led by head constable Sukhdev Raj noticed some movement near the fencing along with the Indo-Pak International border, DIG BSF PS Bains told the media persons.
The BSF personnel challenged the intruders who fled away from the spot after leaving a consignment of 7 kg heroin in one kilo each packets, which was thrown from across the border in a pipe, DIG said.
The consignment valued Rs 35 crore in the International market, he said, adding, they also recovered 100 gms of popy husk from the border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?