96% households in Haryana living in good houses
Chandigarh: The Census 2011 data for Haryana has revealed that about 96 per cent of households are living in good or livable houses and only 4 per cent families, that is 2,09,270 are living in dilapidated houses.
As many as 67.9 per cent of households in Haryana own a
television. In rural areas, 59.4 per cent of households have
television sets as compared to 82.2 per cent in urban areas,
Haryana`s Director, Census Operations, Neerja Sekhar said here
Computers or Laptops have increased their reach in the
last 10 years.
She said that 13.2 per cent households own computers, out
of which 5.3 per cent have access to internet and 7.9 per cent
do not access the internet.
As many as 79.3 per cent households possess a telephone,
66.9 per cent have only mobile phones, 4.5 per cent have only
a landline and eight per cent have both mobile and landline.
The percentage share of households having one married
couple in a house remained the same during census of 2001 and
2011, that is 65.6 per cent, Sekhar said.
She released the Housing Census data which was collected
during 45-day long first phase of Census (House listing and
Housing census conducted from May one, 2010 to June 15, 2010)
in which around 53,000 enumerators and supervisors in Haryana
were involved, according to an official release here.
High speed scanning of Schedules, Intelligent Character
Recognition (ICR) technology, computerised image validation
and efficient manual interventions has made it possible for
the data to be released in a record period of less than two
years, Sekhar said.
Housing information was collected through a notified
House-listing schedule having 35 columns. As many as 18
columns related to houses and households, nine columns related
to amenities available to the household and eight columns were
about assets possessed by the households.
In Haryana, there are 47,17,954 households in Census
2011 as compared to 35,29,642 in 2001 excluding Institutional
households residing in 47,06,664 Census houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks