96% households in Haryana living in good houses
Chandigarh: The Census 2011 data for Haryana has revealed that about 96 per cent of households are living in good or livable houses and only 4 per cent families, that is 2,09,270 are living in dilapidated houses.
As many as 67.9 per cent of households in Haryana own a
television. In rural areas, 59.4 per cent of households have
television sets as compared to 82.2 per cent in urban areas,
Haryana`s Director, Census Operations, Neerja Sekhar said here
Computers or Laptops have increased their reach in the
last 10 years.
She said that 13.2 per cent households own computers, out
of which 5.3 per cent have access to internet and 7.9 per cent
do not access the internet.
As many as 79.3 per cent households possess a telephone,
66.9 per cent have only mobile phones, 4.5 per cent have only
a landline and eight per cent have both mobile and landline.
The percentage share of households having one married
couple in a house remained the same during census of 2001 and
2011, that is 65.6 per cent, Sekhar said.
She released the Housing Census data which was collected
during 45-day long first phase of Census (House listing and
Housing census conducted from May one, 2010 to June 15, 2010)
in which around 53,000 enumerators and supervisors in Haryana
were involved, according to an official release here.
High speed scanning of Schedules, Intelligent Character
Recognition (ICR) technology, computerised image validation
and efficient manual interventions has made it possible for
the data to be released in a record period of less than two
years, Sekhar said.
Housing information was collected through a notified
House-listing schedule having 35 columns. As many as 18
columns related to houses and households, nine columns related
to amenities available to the household and eight columns were
about assets possessed by the households.
In Haryana, there are 47,17,954 households in Census
2011 as compared to 35,29,642 in 2001 excluding Institutional
households residing in 47,06,664 Census houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city