Aadhaar card enrolment 99 percent in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The enrolment for Aadhaar card has touched 99 per cent and 88.6 per cent in Union Territory of Chandigarh and Himachal Pradesh respectively.
The enrolment figure under the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) scheme in Punjab and Haryana is 62.9 per cent and 30.1 per cent respectively so far, Keshni Anand Arora, UIDAI, Deputy Director General (Northern Region), said.
"We are aiming to cover the entire population in these three states and the Union Territory by December this year," she said.
In Chandigarh, as many as 10.43 lakh people out of a total population 10.55 lakh have been covered under the UIDAI scheme, Arora said.
In Punjab, 1.74 crore have got Aadhaar card enrolment out of 2.77 crore, she said.
Barring two districts ? Mansa (33.1 per cent) and Tarn Taran (39.9 per cent), the Aadhaar enrolment in Punjab has been above 50 per cent, the Deputy Director General said.
In Haryana, only 76.44 lakh people have been enrolled against the total population of 2.54 crore.
Out of 21 districts in the state, only two have seen more than 50 per cent coverage under the scheme, Arora said
These two districts are Ambala (86.6 per cent) and Sonipat (75), she said.
To quicken the process of card enrolment, UIDAI has proposed a penalty of Rs 500 on the agencies for any delay in uploading of the data.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested