Aadhaar card enrolment 99 percent in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: The enrolment for Aadhaar card has touched 99 per cent and 88.6 per cent in Union Territory of Chandigarh and Himachal Pradesh respectively.
The enrolment figure under the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) scheme in Punjab and Haryana is 62.9 per cent and 30.1 per cent respectively so far, Keshni Anand Arora, UIDAI, Deputy Director General (Northern Region), said.
"We are aiming to cover the entire population in these three states and the Union Territory by December this year," she said.
In Chandigarh, as many as 10.43 lakh people out of a total population 10.55 lakh have been covered under the UIDAI scheme, Arora said.
In Punjab, 1.74 crore have got Aadhaar card enrolment out of 2.77 crore, she said.
Barring two districts ? Mansa (33.1 per cent) and Tarn Taran (39.9 per cent), the Aadhaar enrolment in Punjab has been above 50 per cent, the Deputy Director General said.
In Haryana, only 76.44 lakh people have been enrolled against the total population of 2.54 crore.
Out of 21 districts in the state, only two have seen more than 50 per cent coverage under the scheme, Arora said
These two districts are Ambala (86.6 per cent) and Sonipat (75), she said.
To quicken the process of card enrolment, UIDAI has proposed a penalty of Rs 500 on the agencies for any delay in uploading of the data.
- Ethics committee Chairman to present report on Vijay Mallya in Rajya Sabha today
- AgustaWestland chopper deal scam: CBI grills ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi, Gautam Khaitan
- Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray advance to 3rd round at Madrid Masters
- Kerala shamed again: Now, a nursing student gang-raped near Thiruvananthapuram
- This portable device can test your food for glutten in less than 2 minutes!